September 22, 2009

IT'S A BOY!






So this morning I had a doctor's appointment to look at the baby's anatomy. The nurse asked if I'd like to know. Of course I did! Mom met me there this morning. She was so happy and excited as I was... We couldn't stop smiling and then they told us that it was a boy and mom and I hugged and kissed! It was a great moment. The look on my mom's face as she saw her very first grand-baby was one that i'll never forget. Oh and the baby was sucking his thumb at one point! I wish I had a picture of it. And before we left, I let mom cut a picture from the sonogram to take home with her. And after I stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, I called momom and left her a message and texted my friends as well! So now I know that we will have a Edward Zane Martel late February. The doctor did say that my placenta was a little thin at the bottom but not to worry because it happens in 5% of pregnant women and only 1% turn out to have early labor... So to be sure, I go back in 3 months for another sonogram to check to see if the Placenta filled out to where it needs to be. Mom didn't seem worried about it so I'm not going to worry about that just yet... Right now I'm going to enjoy the moment!

6 comments:

Kaytee said...

Congrats Nicole!! That is so exciting!! Great name choice too!!

Daniela said...

Awesome news!!!! congrats! Boys are so sweet. My one and only is 20 months now, but I will never forget the day I found out he was a boy.
I was due Feb 6th and he came January 15! My baby shower was 3 days before and I was so glad I didn't wait for my mom to arrive to wash all the clothes.

anabellpepper said...

It is amazing to see the changes isn't it? From the little peanut to this little person! He will be here before you know it!!

Dora said...

I am so happy for you honey! Edward is already lucky to have such a wonderful mommy.

CamillaE said...

One happy moment!
I'm so happy for you. *hugs*

Monica said...

WOO HOO!!! I can't wait to see little Edward Zane!

Congrats!!