September 11, 2013

September 11, 2001 (911)

Do you remember where you were 12 years ago from today? On September 11, 2001,I was almost 24 yrs old. I was at work (BNC Mortgage)when I found out what happened. Marlene, a co-worker of mine liked to listen to the news on her radio in the morning at work and that's when we found out about the devastating news. I sat at my desk in shock as Renee asked me if I realized what was happening...The processors immediately gathered in a circle and said a prayer for those people stuck in the towers and their family/loved ones. I've been thinking about all of those families who lost their loved ones, those fire fighters who lost their lives trying to save our people... It makes me sad and gives me a chill down my spine as I remember the news clippings of people falling from the towers. Be sure to hug your family today and tell them you love them because some families can't do that :( I found these pictures on Becky's blog and decided to use them as part of my post.






If you are reading this and you're one of the families who lost a good friend or family member, please know that I am thinking of you and I am sorry that you are having a rough day walking down memory lane... but I am thinking about you... and even though it's been 12 years, I haven't forgotten.

2 comments:

valechula said...

I was. I made a post also.

Mom said...

You are so right Nicole. It is hard to believe it was 10 years ago. I spent the day with Ellen, her husband is in the Marines.