February 10, 2011

How do I do it?


So I'm pretty sure, my scrappy friends are wondering how is it that I'm having a FANTASTIC year with publications with Scrapbook Trends and CK? Let's not forget that until the Spring of 2010, I have never been published in a paper magazine ever. And I submitted for several years! It took me 5 years of submitting to CK and ST to get a layout published! This July/August will be my first time ever published in CK! And I can't tell you how excited I was to receive that email!

So your probably wondering, "what is she doing that I need to know?" I really am not doing anything special besides scrapping the way "I" like. I do not get caught up in using supplies because everyone is talking about it. I use what I like and I try not to let other scrappers discourage me.

If you like a style/design, lift yourself, and lift yourself again! I do it all the time and there's no shame there if it's your own work. Last year, I had my first layout ever to be published at Scrapbook Trends. Would you like to know that I lifted that same exact layout (using different papers and embellishments of course) and submitted the layout to ST and it got picked up!

Why am I telling you this? Because I think the reason why I'm having such a FABULOUS year is because I scrap for "ME" and it shows. I do whatever I want on my pages. I use whatever I want on my pages, and I write whatever I want on my pages and it works!

So if you are one of the thousands of scrappers who has not been published yet and are feeling discouraged, don't let it bring you down. Continue doing what you are doing and you will succeed one day!

I know this for a fact because I never stopped submitting after hundreds of submissions and hundreds of letdowns.

I hope I was able to lift your spirits a bit. I am in no way bragging. Everyday I see scrappers like you wonder what they are doing wrong and I am simply here to let you know that it takes time to be noticed but once your noticed, you will have lots of success in getting published.

No comments: