August 23, 2011

Earthquake

OMG, I almost had a heart attack while I was at work. It was about 1:53 PM when all of a sudden the office starts shaking... and I am talking the office was shaking so bad we could hear stuff moving and feel the floors vibrating.

I couldn't breath for a second because I was in panic mode. Jen asked me what was happening and I said I dunno but something is wrong... and it turned out that something was an earthquake. I have never in my life been so scared... it was so scary.

We all went outside for a few minutes and you could still feel the ground moving sideways... very strange. I'm just glad that no one was hurt and the building didn't collapse.

3 comments:

val said...

I heard about it. I live in mn! I could not imagine!!!! I would take our tornados over the ground moving anyday! so so happy you were all okay! Now you have a story to tell the grandkids!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Was that your first earthquake? Aren't they so super scary? After every earthquake I'm in (cuz let's face it, they happen frequently in California...) I shake for hours afterwards! I'm glad that you're okay!

I'm just a simple gal said...

Yep, it was our first one! Well we might have had a few and I didn't know it but I sure felt this one. I was pretty shaky for about an hour! I could NEVER live in CALI! LOL. Nope, not happening.