October 17, 2011

Let's stitch up!

I remember when I was a little girl, my grandmother would sit me in front of the TV to watch “The Price is Right”, while she sat at her wooden desk with her sewing machine tapping away. I loved the sound of the sewing machine. There was something calming about those moments when I watched my grandmother sew little dresses for me. I could see that she truly enjoyed sewing as her hobby.

When I was in my early teens, I remember asking my grandmother why she didn’t sew anymore. I noticed that she never sewed and was curious. She had told me that the hobby became too expensive and that she couldn’t buy the materials and supplies needed. Years later, I realize how sad that must have been for my grandmother. I can not imagine giving up my scrapbooking for anything. If the time came to where I couldn’t afford to buy scrapbook supplies, it would break my heart.

Some might think that sewing is hard and too much work but I'm here to show you that it doesn't need to be and you don't necessarily need a sewing machine to get a "stitched" look on your layout.



He are some close ups. (I'm sorry that the layout looks lighter then what it actually is, my scanner is acting up) but it's a true blue. The color is gorgeous! You can mimick this same look using your gold metalic pen and a ruler!



Go ahead and dig out those beautiful photos and create a layout using stitching. Don't worry about not owning a sewing machine, try “faking it” with an ink pen or by using your doodling templates. Have fun and enjoy the process!

No comments: