October 19, 2011

Rest in peace

Last night when I got home, Pete asked if I had any plans for today... I said no, I just planned on spending the day with my little man. Then Pete mentions that Paw-Paw's ear is infected. Over the last 7 years, he has always had a problem licking and chewing on himself and also he was obsessive with scratching. We have paid almost 4k to have two ear surgies and one tumor removed within the past two years. And yesterday we noticed the other ear was inflamed. His ear was so swollen it looked like his ear was going to explode :(

Even if I had paid 3k for surgery again to remove another tumor and fix his ear, he will continue to have ear issues and skin problems. His paws are always infected and he is always crying because he miserable...So last night I prayed on it... we don't have a lot of money right now and even if I did a payment plan, he will always have the same problems. I wanted a better quality life for Paw-Paw and that's why I decided to let him go today.

I had Edward with me and it was the worst thing I had to do. I cried myself to sleep last night and woke up crying. While we were there, Edward kept calling Paw-Paw's name and when we left, he held his arms up asking where Paw-Paw was and I just told him that Paw-Paw is very sick, he's in heaven now.

So I came home, fed Edward lunch, put him to bed and I'm bawling and shaking. Pete called and I could barely talk. I just told him that the day I have to put Daisy down, he will do it because I can't handle that again and Pete better never ask me for another dog. We have my beautiful girl Daisy and after her, no other dog will fit in my heart.

Rest in peace Paw-Paw. I love you and that is why I did what I did today. Please forgive me.
December 18, 2004-October 19, 2011.




2 comments:

Gina Lideros said...

I am sorry to hear that you had to let your beloved pet go. Please know that you did the right thing, and he is in a better place now, where he does not feel pain.

val said...

I'm about to start crying with you!
What a tough descision to make. And so sad to lose a pet! No that you did what your heart told you to do! you are in my thoughts and prayers! And rest assured your pup is surely at peace now in a glorious doggie heaven!