December 20, 2011

I love you!

So last night was rough. Edward woke up at 2:30 am. and I was like "oh no..." I just wanted to sleep you know? But I know when somethings wrong so I quickly got out of bed. When I got in there, Edward was standing up and he said "Stinky" so I thought, okay, he has a poopie. I can handle this... change him and put him back to bed.

So I got him changed and noticed that he was a little wet so stripped him and put a clean set of pj's on him. I gave him a kiss and went to put him back in bed and he clings to me yelling, "no momma, stinky." So I'm trying to put him in and decided to put my hand on the bed... maybe he leaked? Mind you, I did all of this with the lights off... it was 2:30 am... so I put my hand down in the crib and yuck... he puked all over the bed! So I had to turn the lights on, strip his bed and put new sheets and blankets in there.

Once that was done, I grabbed everything, holding Edward in my right arm and put his dirty sheets in the wash. After that, we went upstairs and I grabbed him some crackers and then we went back downstairs to watch Nick Jr. until he was done eating some crackers. He nibbled on about 10 crackers. As he was watching cartoons, I said, Edward, it's night night time, after this is over, you have to go back to bed OK?" He shakes his head yes. So at 3:30 am. after the stupid cartoon with moving hands ended, I told him it was night night time and he didn't argue. He went right down and I was so happy because I was so tired.

Anyways, he made up for last night on the way to daycare this morning. I looked in the rear view mirror and said, "Edward, I love you!" and he said, "I love you". And I was freaking out because he said I Love you so clear for the first time ever and I have been waiting to hear him tell me that he loves me and I can't explain it but it was the best gift!!! And I said it again and he repeated it and I watched his lips and he said it PERFECTLY. So my beautiful son made my day after the little sleep I received! Today he seems to be doing okay. I sure hope he isn't getting sick again.



2 comments:

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

I've been there and even when you are so sleep deprived, when they tell you they "love you", it makes it all okay! HOpe you get a full night sleep.

Daniela Dobson said...

It's the sweetest thing!! Alex says it to me all the time now. Pretty soon he will tell you: "mommy, you are so beautiful". That melts my heart!