February 22, 2012

A toddler's vocabulary

According to statistics on yahoo, these are 25 common words that should form the building blocks of a toddler's vocabulary:

-all gone
-baby
-ball
-banana
-bath
-bye bye
-book
-car
-cat
-cookie
-daddy
-dog
-eye
-hat
-hello/hi
-hot
-juice
-milk
-mommy
-more
-no
-nose
-shoe
-thank you
-yes

and here are a few more words that Edward says:
-Granddad
-Grandmom
-momom
-Meme
-Arm
-cheers
-boo-boo
-I
-help me
-turn around
-sip
-ready-set-go!
-I gotcha
-It's
-mine
-ready
-set
-yummy
-go
-Woody
-Buzz
-Red
-blue
-yellow
-I love you
-apple
-happy
-high five
-chocolate
-bubbles
-moon
-tree
-airplane
-duck
-turtle
-oh no
-wow
-ice cream
-Toy story
-one more
-please
-wet
-poop
-mess
-bus
-truck
-made
-almost
-trash
-one
-two
-three
-four
-five
and I'm sure there are more that I cannot think of at the moment. I have a smart little boy on my hands but I already knew that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your son speaks in 3-4 word phrases! As a speech pathologist I can officially tell you that is above average for a 2 year old!
Love Mom