March 27, 2012

God bless you!

Today I had a member come in for assistance. I remember her from a few months ago. She wanted to make the same transaction as before. While I was completing her transaction, she talked to me and I actually took the time to LISTEN to her. I didn’t nod and focus on her transaction to get her out of the branch; I really listened to what she was telling me. She told me that she enjoyed her life and worked as a flight attendant for 27 years. She has lived her life and loved every minute of it. She told me how she takes care of her mom because she can’t imagine anyone else doing it… it’s her momma.

While we were talking, she told me that I should NEVER let someone stop me from doing what I want to do. I told her that I don’t have a problem there…I told her how a few years ago, my husband didn’t think it was a good idea for me to go to college for my bachelors degree but I did it anyway. I told her how I’ve made lots of decisions in my life that I wasn’t comfortable with but I listened to what my heart told me I needed to do… and it’s always been the best decisions…

She told me that God is always with me. She asked if I prayed, I said yes, often. I told her how when I was younger, I prayed for something that came through just a few years later. (That was when I was younger and wanted God to find me new parents who didn’t neglect their children… I ended up getting adopted at 15). She asked if I was praying for something now and I said yes, everyday. She told me to keep praying and I will get it. She also told me that I am a blessing and that my family and my husband loved me dearly. She said she liked how I was actually LISTENING because most people don’t listen to her when she talks to them. She gave me a card signed by her, saying “God Bless you”. She got up and gave me a hug and left.

While she was talking to me, I had goose bumps up my arms and felt a presence. It was the weirdest feeling I have ever experienced. After she left, I calmly got up from my desk and walked back to the bathroom and cried and thanked God for that conversation with Ms. Cobb. I needed to hear what she had to say. It’s nice to hear someone tell me that I’m a blessing at a time when I feel so down and un-appreciated and taken for granted.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Nicole. That is so sweet. I love you so muchI hope your prayers are answered.
Love Mom

Catherine said...

I love how God just shows up when you most need him. You listened to what message he had for you and that is huge! Be blessed.