March 24, 2012

Like I need another hobby...

I know what you’re thinking… Where do I find time for another hobby? But anyways, I really love how layouts look with “real” stitching, not fake stitching with rub-ons and pens like I usually do. So, I had a sewing machine I purchased for $15.00 on EBay a few years ago and never used the thing because I have never used a sewing machine in my life… so Wednesday, I took it over to momom’s to see if she could help teach me the basics. Turned out, there wasn’t a light on it and she said it would be easier to teach me how to use my mom’s machine…



So she taught me the basics on mom’s machine and I took it home with me. ***sorry mom*** Just let me know when you need it and I’ll bring it back… I am just experimenting here… I may decide that the sewing machine is too much work for my simple layouts but we shall see.

So last night, I got started on some assignments for SFTIO Kit Club and decided to try stitching on my layout. Let me tell you how nervous I was to have a layout that was practically 75% complete and here I am sewing on it for the first time... I did make a few mistakes, but I managed to cover them up with stickers :)But I learn things better by throwing myself into it! LOL... I know, I am a crazy girl.

Can you figure out the papers in the photo? (they will be in the April SFTIO Kit). Be on the look out for more sneaks on the SFTIO blog this week!

1 comment:

danni reid. said...

you will ROCK the stitching, that's one of the things i love about it, an embellishment itself and yet you don't add bulk to the cards or page, can't wait to see your pages sweet nicole!