May 15, 2012

I heart you!

Hello everyone! Today I would like to share a fun technique with you. A few weeks ago, while I was creating this beautiful layout using the May kit by SFTIO, I ran out of embellishments. I needed a heart but didn't have any heart stamps or chipboards and I didn't want a punched heart. I wanted something different.

So while I was trying to decide on what to do, I remembered something I saw on pinterest. It was a picture of two finger prints in the form of a heart! So I thought to myself, well, I am going to end up with an inky finger or two for a few days, but why not...

Initially, I was going to create a pink heart for my layout but it really stood out and took the focus away from the photos so I decided to use silver ink instead.

Instructions:

First, Spray some ink on a piece of plastic. I say plastic, because if you use paper, the paper will absorb the ink. You did to be able to soak your finger in the ink to create your very own special heart.
 
Then, dip your finger in the ink and press your finger down on a piece of patterned paper. Repeat process and tilt finger to the side to create a heart shape.
 
 
Use a black pen to outline the heart to help make it stand out.
 
 
And here is a close up of the heart on my layout. I used a foam square to make it pop off the page.
 
 
And here is the outcome of my layout. I love this! I always feel so good after trying out a new technique.
 






No comments: