July 15, 2012

Words of Wisdom

Hello ladies. Nicole here. Today, I would like to share a mini album I created using the July communication kit by SFTIO Kit Club. This month's theme inspired me to create a mini based on my "words of wisdom". Throughout the years, I've made some mistakes, experienced some heart aches, disappointments and during it all, I learned a great deal from my expereiences. I am going to share some of my words of wisdom in hopes of inspiring readers like you to challenge yourself this month to do the same. I had such a fun time playing with goodies by October Afternoon and Echo Park and I think the two collections look fabulous together!

First, I cut two pieces of cardboard down to 3"X3".


Then, I cut several 3"X3" pieces of patterned paper and 2 1/2"X2 1/2" cardstock pieces.


I punched the top right and bottom left of the white cardstock papers using a corner rounder and adhered them to each page.


After I finished prepping the inside pages for my photos and embellishments, I sprayed each page with glimmer mists (apple, denim).


Once the mists dried, I binded all the pages togther using my Bind-it-All.


And then I printed my journaling on white cardstock, pulled out the embellishments I wanted to use to decorate the cover and inserts.


And here is how my beautiful album turned out. Simply beautiful wouldn't you say? I let the focus of my mini remain on the journaling strips and photos.








Supplies:
Bind-it-All: Zutter
3/4" Black Owires: Zutter
Wire cutter: Zutter

Other:
Chipboard: Clearscraps
Cardstock: Creative Memories
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, Echo Park
Garland: My Mind’s Eye
Brad: Teresa Collins
Flower: Maya Road
Washie tape: Queen & Company
Sticker labels: October Afternoon
Stickers: Echo Park
Button: Jillibean Soup
Bakers Twine: Scrap Pantry (Esty)
Scalloped circle punch: Creative Memories
Heart punch: Creative Memories
Circle punch: Creative Memories
Corner rounder: Creative Memories
Spray mists: Tattered Angels
Pen: Tim Holtz
Font: Angsana New.

I hope I was able to inspire you today. Have a wonderful day and please come back!




2 comments:

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Nicole - this is one of my favorite projects in the gallery this month! :)

Paula Jane Atkinson said...

Gorgeous minibook!
I did a project a few years ago which was a minibook based on the theme Time and it was a 52 week book, I made it the same size as this o ensure it was speedy to create but it was way too thick for the rings I had & at that time we couldn't even purcahse 1in rings in UK