August 11, 2012

Why did you do it?

Hello ladies. Today, I’m going to share with you my thought process when I created this layout for SFTIO. As soon as my kit arrived, I immediately started going through the kit to see all of the beautiful papers and embellishments that I would be working with.

I fell in love with the gray and white chevron paper by Hambly and the cloud vellum papers by American Crafts so I pulled them out. Initially, I was going to use the gray cardstock with these patterns but felt it was too much gray so I added in white cardstock and added a little mist to add a bit more color. Like all of my layouts, I cut the chevron paper down to 8 1/2X11 and the white cardstock down to 7 1/2X10 inches (using my favorite corner rounder by Creative Memories to punch the top left and bottom right corner) and matted them together.

After I finished prepping the base of my layout, I used a scrap piece of paper to write out my journaling to prevent me from making errors on the actual layout then I printed two photos that I wanted to use.

I cut a piece of the chevron paper to use as my background for one of my pictures and tucked a tag beneath the other photo. I love the Polaroid patterned so I decided to cut one of the patterns out to use as an embellishment and journaling mat on my layout. I also layered a few pieces of paper behind the photos to make it more interesting.

I added a black title directly onto my photo to save space and added the gorgeous die cut flower (after picking it apart) to the left side of the layout so everything is horizontal. I pulled some pearls from my stash to use with the flower since it looked lonely. I love how this layout turned out. It has such a peaceful feeling to it, doesn’t it?

No comments: