September 13, 2012

Drawing inspiration from a magazine ad


Hello scrappers. Today I would like to share one of my secrets to designing. I must admit that I fuss over most of my layouts until everything looks like they are in their right place. Some tend to look at my layouts and say, “that couldn’t have taken an hour”, but the truth of the matter is that most of the time, my simple layouts take an hour to complete because I fuss over everything.

What happens when I’m not feeling very creative? I go searching through Google under “magazine ads” until I find an ad that inspires me. From that ad, I will let the picture, font, and design inspire me for my layout! This saves me so much time because I will literally lift the ad.

Do you see how I was able to use this ad to inspire me to create my layout titled “adorable”? I absolutely LOVE this layout and hopefully, I was able to inspire you a bit today! If you like the products on this layout, feel free to purchase your kit from SFTIO!

 




No comments: