April 12, 2013

Stamping 101

Hello scrappers. Nicole here. Today I have a few layouts to share with you. Both layouts include stamping. Now, I know some of you might be scared to use stamps because you could easily make a mistake on your layout, but I'm here to show you how easy and less scary they can be!

For my first layout, I used the camera roller stamp on white cardstock and handcut the camera with scissors and adhered it to my layout with a foam square. That way I knew for sure that I wouldn't make a mistake on my layout. Also, when I stamped the number "3" on my layout the ink did not come through all the way. So while part of the stamp looked perfect, the other part looked less opaque. I took care of this issue by using a black marker to carefully filled in the white space. Love this idea because you can't tell the difference. Problem solved.

 
Here are some photos up close to see what I did with the number "3" to make it more opaque.
 

 
 
 
Supplies:
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Patterned paper
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Rhinestones
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Camera Roller Stamp
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Washi Tape
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Love You Madly" Stamps

Other:
Creative Memories Cardstock
Signo-Uniball Pen
American Crafts Marker
Creative Memories Adhesives

And here's my other layout. I stamped the roller stamps on white cardstock and then I handcut the patterns for my layout.


Supplies:
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Uncharted Waters" Peek-A-Boos
Glitz Design "Uncharted Waters" Washi Tape
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Woodgrain roller stamp
Glitz Design "Color Me Happy" Camera roller stamp

Other:
Creative Memories Cardstock
American Crafts Corrugated alphas
Maya Road paper clips
Zva Creative jewels