September 5, 2013

Fall leaves

Can you believe that in just a few weeks, fall will be here? I'm so excited. It's my favorite time of the year. I love watching the leaves change and I love walking outside in the cool, crisp, air. Today I have a layout that I created in February when I went to the Cozy Crop House with my mom. While I was there, I got to play with their Cricut. I've been back and forth on whether or not I wanted to purchase one of these... but now, I think I want the Silhouette. So I am glad that I didn't buy it! Maybe I can ask for it from my family for Christmas. (Hint, hint, mommy) Just in case you're reading this.


Supplies used: Cardstock: Creative Memories, Patterned paper: DCWV, Jewels: Zva Creative, Die cutting machine and fall leaves: Cricut, Pen: American Crafts, Adhesives: Creative Memories.

Instructions:
1. Cut several strips of patterned paper and adhere them to the edges of 8 1/2"x11" cardstock.
2. Adhere 7 1/2"x10" rectangle in white cardstock to the center of the base.
3. Use a Cricut to cut multiple leaves and a tree. (These are all cut at 3 1/2").
4. Adhere die cuts and photos as shown.
5. Decorate the die cut tree with acorns cut from patterned paper.
6. Add some bling to the acorns and adhere them to the branches of the tree using glue.
7. Using a ruler and pen, hand write your journaling.

1 comment:

Kimberly Kett said...

Great design! I LOVE that tree!