September 2, 2013

Handmade cards made easy!


Hello everyone. Have you seen the "Hello December" collection by Glitz Design? I love the colors! What a fun Holiday collection. Since I wanted to get a heads start on Christmas this year, I decided to make my cards tonight. Every year, I make my card and then I scan them. Once the card is scanned, I order my prints from shutterfly.com. This is so inexpensive to do! So today, I'm going to show you how you can make this adorable card.


Supplies:Cardstock: Creative Memories, Patterned paper: Glitz Design, Stickers: Glitz Design, Basic Grey, Tag: Elle's Studio, Pen: American Crafts



 
Instructions:
1. Cut one 5"x7" rectangle from the yellow "Hello Christmas" paper.
2. Cut one 4"x6" rectangle from white cardstock and adhere it to the center of the yellow rectangle.
3. Print and adhere 3 3/4"x3" photo at the far top of the white cardstock.
4. Adhere stickers as shown.
5. Using a pencil and ruler, lightly trace lines below the border stickers.
6. Use a pen to hand write your sentiment.
7. Once your journaling is complete, use an eraser to gently erase the line marks from the card.
8. Using scissors, hand-cut "year 2013" sentiment from the December calender tag by Elle's Studio.
9. Scan your card and print them out on 5x7 photo paper and you have yourself your very own personal cards!

No comments: