January 15, 2014

Journaling

Happy hump day! Let me first start of with saying that this isn't one of my favorite layouts. I did this layout for a Silhouette challenge... but since I did the layout, I want to share with you an easy way for you to journal on your layout without messing up with the lines...

 
The first thing I do before I start writing on my layout is draw lines with  a pencil and ruler.

 
Once I have my lines, then I will use a pen to write my journaling down. If I'm not sure of how much space I will need for what I have to say, I will use a scrap piece of paper to write what I want to say down first and then I will write on my layout.

 
After I finish with my writing, I use a pencil to erase the pencil lines.


And that's all there is to it. Real easy right?
 
Products: Cardstock: Doodlebug Design, Patterned paper: Glitz Design, Project life card: American Crafts, Paper clips: Freckled Fawn, Ribbon: May Arts, Jewels: Doodlebug Design Inc. (crystal), Freckled Fawn (blue), Tags: American Crafts, Stickers: Glitz Design, Freckled Fawn (star, smiley face), Decorative tape: Freckled Fawn, Pen: American Crafts, Die cut machine: Silhouette Portrait, Dies: Silhouette.
 
Journaling says: 1. Finding books on sale. 2. Clothes marked down by 50%. 3. Finding old movie ticket stubs. 4. Finding a parking spot up front. 5. Eating outside on the deck, on the water. 6. Old pictures. 7. Hearing an old song that brings back memories. 8. Sweet hugs from 4 year old. 9. Spotting a rainbow. 10. Beef & broccoli for dinner. 11. Scrappy mail. 12. I love you's.


No comments: