January 24, 2014

Playing with my Silhouette Portrait

Hi folks. Happy Friday to you. Do you have a Silhouette? Because if you don't, you should invest in one. Quick. I've been wanting one for over a year now and I finally got one for Christmas. I LOVE it and wish that I didn't wait so long to get one, but money doesn't grow on trees, so I waited for my family to get me one for Christmas :)

I love that I can cut a variety of shapes, frames, and fonts using my Silhouette Portrait. Do you realize how much money you could save by owning one of these things. I especially love the fact that I don't have to buy an entire cartridge for about 30 bucks and find myself only using one or two of the shapes... You pay $1 per die! And if you're really serious about using this die cutting machine, you can do what I did. Buy a monthly subscription for $14.99 which allows you to purchase $50.00 of dies, for the price of $14.99. No I do not design for Silhouette, nor am I trying to sell you something, I am simply pointing out how fabulous this tool is! Seriously, if you know someone who owns one, try it.

Anyways, I have a layout that I want to share with you. This layout was super simple to make and notice how I didn't need much on it besides the dies! I have so much cardstock that I decided not to buy anything new until I use the majority of what I have on hand. I am trying not to make any new purchases until March. I think I'm going to make it.

I'm not big on Project life. I've tried it and it doesn't work for me. But I love the look of project life... so I decided to base my design off of the project life photo sleeves for this layout. I think one can achieve this look easily, but I think the pictures have to be attractive in order for it to work. What do you think? I love that "Baltimore" die! As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it :)

 
Products used: Cardstock: Doodlebug  Design Inc., Project life card: American Crafts, Paper clips: Freckled Fawn, Jewels: Zva Creative, Epoxy star stickers: Freckled Fawn, Sticker label: Freckled Fawn, Pens: American Crafts, Die cut machine: Silhouette Portrait, Dies: Sand dollar, “Baltimore” phrase, heart, Adhesives: American Crafts.

Journaling says: We woke up at a little after 8am. so we could get to the aquarium early to beat the crowd. What a fun morning it was too. We had so much fun together.

How to: Place five 4"x6" photos onto the cardstock about 1/4" from the edge of the cardstock. Hand-journal journaling on project life card and adhere it to the center, far left side of the layout. Use Silhouette Portrait to cut "Baltimore" phrase, sand dollar, circle and heart and adhere it as shown. Adhere jewels, arrow paper clip and epoxy star as shown. Use a pen to write "Aquarium, January 20, 2014" just below the "Baltimore" die.

1 comment:

pinkalishious said...

Im getting the portrait for my birthday, I been waiting too long too!!