February 19, 2014

Playing with color pencils

Since I have tons of cardstock, paints, markers and some gelatos, I decided to get creative and play around with mixed media. I keep thinking I need new stuff, but to be honest, I can make due with what i’ve got especially, now that I have my very own Silhouette Portrait. I don’t really need to buy any punches or die cuts again if I don’t want to because the portrait does all of that.

For this layout, I decided to play with gelatos again. These things are addicting! Also, for an economical, but attractive title, I cut my title using the Silhouette and colored it with a color pencil. I think it looks so neat. I felt like it needed a little more so I added the little star and smiley face. Perfect!

It's very rare that I create a layout without any journaling, but for this layout, the title speaks for itself, so I didn't think that journaling was needed.



How to: Before I started adhering stuff to my layout, I drew two circles and colored them in with gelatos. Then I cut them out and adhered them to navy cardstock. After this, I used my Silhouette portrait to cut the phrase “live for today” and colored the words with a light blue color pencil. Once this was done, I splashed some hot pink spray ink onto my layout and adhered the photo, title and embellishments to the center of the circles. I used an acrylic stamp and marker to stamp the scattered stars to the left of my title and I love the little smiley face by Freckled Fawn.



Products: Cardstock: Creative Memories (Navy), Doodlebug Design Inc. (lime), Patterned paper: Elle’s Studio (orange polka dot), Staples: Tim Holtz, Jewels: Zva Creative, Tags: Elle’s Studio, Stickers: Freckled Fawn (smiley face, Speech bubble), Stamps: Acrylic stamps: Freckled Fawn (scattered stars), Spray mist: Ranger, Marker: Faber-Castell, Gelatos: Faber-Castell, Color pencils: Faber-Castell, Star punch: Creative Memories, Epiphany Crafts, Die cut machine: Silhouette Portrait, Dies: “Live for today” phrase, Glue: Helmar Design Inc.


No comments: