February 14, 2014

Playing with markers...

Happy Friday everyone! Today I have a fun layout to share with you. I still have not purchased any new supplies. I am doing so good with using up what I have on hand. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be. YAY!

For this layout, I decided to use my markers, mist and stamps. I have so many of these on hand, but never really pull them out. But that changed today. What do you think about the background of this layout? I think it looks so neat. Basically, I started with the lightest color and worked my way up to the darkest. Simply take your marker and drag it across the right side of the page and loop it to the left until you reach the bottom. Then do the same for two other colors.

I also added a few splashes of hot pink mists and some little heart stamps and jewels to break up the background a bit. Ever since my term with scrapbooking from the inside out ended, I've stopped doing pages about "me". Not sure why... I don't have a problem with scrapping my thoughts and feelings down on paper, life has been pretty hectic lately, but I'm working on changing that because I need to take some time for myself this year...

 
Products used: Cardstock: Doodlebug Design Inc., Staples: Tim Holtz, Paper clips: Freckled Fawn (arrows), Jewels: Zva Creative, Tags: Elle’s Studio, Journaling spots: Elle’s Studio, Stickers: Freckled Fawn, Thickers: American Crafts, Ink: Stamps: American Crafts (Arrows, big heart, Freckled Fawn (“Right now, tiny hearts), Spray mist: Ranger, Markers: Faber-Castell, Pen: American Crafts, Adhesives: American Crafts.
 
Journaling says: This year I will be focusing on doing things that make me happy. I will make more of an effort to spend more time with my friends doing the things that I love. I will stop depriving myself of the things that I deserve. I deserve to be happy too. ENOUGH OF THIS!


1 comment:

S said...

What a simple way to make a stunning background. Wonderful page.