February 7, 2014

Who needs patterned paper?

Who needs patterned paper when you have gelatos? It's been awhile since I purchased any new supplies and since money Is tight, I've been trying really hard with trying to stretch what I have. One thing that I have plenty of is cardstock, mists, markers and tags... so I've turned to them for the past five of my layouts. I have some embellishments and patterned paper, but they don't really go with the photos I have. So today I decided to have fun creating my very own patterned paper. And it was fun too.

I lightly free-handed a heart using a pencil.

 
Then I grabbed the blue gelato and traced the heart and filled in the white space randomly.


Then I grabbed the green and pink gelato and filled in the spaces between the blue and white.
 


Here are the colors up close. Love this color combination.
 

 
After I finished coloring, I took a sheet of paper towel and rubbed really hard all over the base to try and remove any excess gelato. It works best if you push hard into the paper and drag the paper towel down the paper.


Since I did not want the heart to get lost in the background, I took a black brush pen and traced the outer edge of my heart to make it pop off the page.
 

 
Then I thought it would be neat to fill in the white space inside the heart with the phrase "love". I also framed the layout with washi tape.
 
 
A little close up of my cutie.


And here is the final project. Swoon. I just love this one so much! Maybe I should try something new often...
 
 
 
Products used: Creative Memories, Paper clips: Freckled Fawn, Jewels: Zva Creative, Sequin heart: Freckled Fawn, Die cuts: Elle’s Studio, Journaling spots: Elle’s Studio, Tags: Elle’s Studio, Wood veneer frame: Freckled Fawn, Decorative tape: Freckled Fawn, Spray mist: Ranger, Pen: American Crafts, Marker: Faber-Castell, Gelatos: Faber-Castell, Adhesives: American Crafts.
 
Journaling says: It's hard to believe that I have an almost 4 year old. Where has the time gone!


No comments: