June 18, 2014

My little ninja turtle...

Happy hump day! I'm feeling so lazy today. I had plans to clean the house since my mom and sisters came to take Edward to the beach for a few days, but I haven't done a thing. I've been sitting here at my desk, listening to my iTunes, relaxing...

I already miss my little man. Sure, I like a little break, but when he's not home, I feel like I'm missing something. Anyways, he is beyond obsessed with ninja turtles these days. Ninja turtle stuff has taken over. That and his legos... lol.

I created this layout a few months ago when I was away at the Cozy Crop House. It actually got picked up by Scrapbooking & Beyond, but sadly, I receive my layout back yesterday and found out that the magazine company is closing it's doors. I'm so bummed. Another fabulous paper magazine gone.

 
Supplies: Cardstock: Patterned paper: Vellum die cuts: Metallic stars: Project life card: American Crafts, Metal heart charm: Freckled Fawn, Die cutting machine: "love" phrase: Silhouette.
 
Instructions 

  1. Cut one 81/2”x11” rectangle from blue and white striped patterned paper and one 71/2”x10” rectangle from white cardstock. Center and adhere white cardstock onto blue and white striped rectangle.
  2. Adhere 2 5”x7” photos in the center of the white rectangle, then measure 1” from the left side of the rectangle and  ½” from the top of the layout. Cut vellum border die in half. Use mini stapler to staple vellum strips at the top left and bottom right side of the layout. Use slick writer pen to handwrite journal onto the far right side of the top photo.
  3. Tuck project life card below the top photo at the far right side of the photo. Handwrite journal on card. Adhere “love” phrase, metal heart, “play hard” die cut and silver stars using glue.

No comments: