November 19, 2014

November Clique Kits Blog Hop



Hi everyone. Welcome to the Pep Rally for Clique Kits! Here's a layout that I created using the November "Homecoming" kit. I love the colors in this kit and the variety of papers that came with it. I created seven gorgeous layouts with this kit! I practically used all of my scraps too. HAHA. Every now and then, I'll create a layout that I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. And this is one of them. After I finished scrapping this layout, I looked over at Edward and asked Edward what did he think. Did he like it? He looked at it and said, "boring". Jeez. LOL. So I slept on it and when I woke up and looked at it again, I decided that I didn't like it either. So I cut around my frame using scissors...

 
And then I matted the Gold Punchinella paper from Clique Kits "Homecoming" kit onto white cardstock. Then I put my original layout that I cut out onto the paper and this is the difference... I LOVE IT!
 

Cardstock: American Crafts, Vellum paper: Studio Calico, Patterned paper: Webster's Pages, Lemon Owl, Die cuts: Lemon Owl, Buttons: Studio Calico, Enamel dot: Doodlebug Design, Veneer leaf: Freckled Fawn, Glue: Helmar, November "Homecoming" kit by Clique Kits.
 
Here's another layout that I submitted to Paper Crafts for publication that never got picked up. They had a call out for stripes...
 
 
And if you're looking for more inspiration, just take a look at this awesome mood board! I know right?
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. Your next stop is Stephanie. Enjoy!

17 comments:

Lacey said...

Beautiful layouts Nicole!! I love the 8.5" x 11" format you used!!! I love the direction of the paper in the last layout! Great work!

Danielle said...

Fabulous layouts, Nicole! I love your 2nd take on the first layout, sometimes a different background makes a huge difference!

Cassandra Chen said...

What fab layouts!!:D I super duper love your cherry blossom striped layout!! It's amazing!!

Michelle said...

Awesome LO's!

Scrapfaire said...

Thanks for sharing the reworking process! It's great to see how you transformed your layout! FAB inspiration!

Aliza said...

Great layouts, Nicole. Even the one you didn't like, I liked that one too. So much great dimension.

Mariah Hechler said...

These are great layouts! I love the redo.

Giavanna Lau said...

I liked both layouts-old and new! I love reading about how you think though! ha ha ! I started scrapping 8 1/2 x 11 25 years ago and sometime after my first couple albums in the old Pioneer albums were finished I switched to 12 x 12. I want to go back to 8 1/2 x 11 now- I love the format much better-but just keep telling myself 'I'll start next layout." Every time I see yours though I re-commit.

Kim A. said...

Such fun layouts!! I love blog hops and being inspired by everyones work!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

I Love seeing what you've done with the kit. Both layouts are amazing. Glad to know I am not the only one that reworks layouts after a nights sleep.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I love your pages and it was fun to see you re-work your project into a new design!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous pages … I love both layouts but I totally know what you mean about finishing a layout and not being in love with it. Happens to me all the time lol

Allie Stewart said...

Two awesome layouts!! You did a great job re-working your first one. They both looked awesome, but I know how frustrating it can be to not be fully happy with your page!

Alisha Buggins said...

Love the squares on the angle

Sarah said...

These layouts are beautiful! I especially love the last one with the diagonal strips! gorgeous!

Kat said...

great layouts - i really love how you "dressed up" that first one. it looks wonderful!

colorsgalore said...

I love how you scrap so beautifully in a grid fashion. Pretty!