November 10, 2014

Playing with water colors.

Happy Monday everyone. Today, I have another layout to share with you using the November "Homecoming" kit from Clique Kits. This kit is so gorgeous and versatile. At first glance, I thought the kit looked rather girly, but I managed to get a boy layout out of it! One of the kit add-ons this month was water color paints. I have yet to try water colors out so I decided to challenge myself to try something new this month. The camera paper by Lemon Owl went perfectly with the water color paints!

 
While working with these paints, I realized that it's better to add a good amount of water to the paints because the paints really soak up the water. I found it easier to paint on my patterned paper when the paint was saturated with a good amount of water so the paint wasn't too dry. 

 
I used a small brunch so that I could try to stay within the lines. Also, each time I switched colors, I washed the brush off with clean water and dried the brush using a paper towel.

 
I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut my titles and then painted them too! I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the "happy" cut or the "laugh" cut until I started working on my layout. In the end, I chose the "laugh" cut.

 
Aren't they pretty? Love the look that water colors add to a layout.

 
I free-hand cut the heart to use as a template around my collage of photos to use as a nice frame for my photos. I really think it pulls this layout together nicely.

 
And a close up of my little cutie. Ha, he totally cracks me up.

 
Thanks for stopping by today. If you haven't subscribed to Clique Kits, now is the time since they are taking new subscribers for the month of November. If you're not a subscriber and you see a few things in the shop you'd like to use, use NICOLE10 in the coupon box prior to checking out to save 10% on your purchases.

1 comment:

Kat said...

cute idea, nicole!