December 17, 2014

December Clique Kits Pep Rally


Hi everyone. Welcome to the Pep Rally for Clique Kits! Here's a layout that I created using the December "Echanted Meadow" kit. Seriously, I love this kit. At first I thought it was a bit girly, but once I dug into my kit, I fell in love with the die cuts and the papers. Such a fun assortment of goodies in this kit! I especially love the Echo Park paper. I had a lot of fun with Heidi's papers too.

I took this photo of my best friend Mischelle and I over 6 years ago and it's still my absolute favorite photo of all time. We've been friends for 16 years! She has never left my side even when I had a baby and my other friends left... She waited until I could hang out again... Such a true friend. We joke all the time that we will grow old together and end up in the same nursing home playing poker and calling strippers to our room. HAHA. Those will be the days! HA. I'm laughing as I sit here thinking about it.
 
Look closely and you will see how I used the adorable stamp set from the Sweet Shop Store. And I love the puffy alpha stickers from Evalicious!
 
 
 
I just realized something... I totally went back time on these. My next layout is an oldie too. I never scrapped this photo of Edward and I. He was not quite one yet when my family and I took him to the Baltimore Aquarium. I totally had fun with this one! Lots of paint, mist and stamping! Oh and I used a template to stich my heart. Isn't this such a fun layout?
 
 
I hand cut the flowers from the patterned paper and stamped the little diamond images onto white cardstock and cut them out to make my own leaves!
 
 
 Everyday life can be stressful-it's not about the ups and downs, its about how we respond to them! Here are some ideas to challenge yourself with this month...
Do you make lemonade when life hands you lemons?
  • Sometimes mistakes and "fails" turn to something even better or unexpected in our projects ! Have you made something ugly into something beautiful? 
  • Everyday life looks a little different for each of us, but we have in common our hobby which teaches us to cherish our memories- with all their beautiful imperfections!
 
 Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. Your next stop is Marcia. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Cari said...

I really love your layouts and the stories behind on them. May I ask how you make that black "chevron" on your first layout?

Kat said...

love both of these layouts, nicole! they are so colorful and fun!

Kim A. said...

These are both amazing layouts!!!

Amanda Rhodes said...

Good job on both layouts!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

I wow, I keep looking at your layouts over & over again and find something else awesome each time! There are so many little details and special touches Nicole!! I'm in awe :)

Colortypes Sophie said...

Love these Nicole! Love how clean they are yet still so full of amazing details!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Fabulous layouts Nicole! Love the doodling.

Caroli Schulz said...

Fabulous layouts Nicole! Love the stitched heart <3

Katy said...

Love the story of you and your friend...I have one of those!

Iris said...

Cute layouts and great pictures.
isoscia at aol dot com

Aliza said...

Beautiful layouts, as always. You always make me want to try 8.5x11!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love all of the stitching on the borders!

Alisha Buggins said...

LOVE your 2nd layout