December 8, 2014

Misting die cuts

Happy Monday friends! I don't know about you, but I've been scrapping up a storm using my "Enchanted Meadow" kit by Clique Kits. I tell ya, these kits are getting prettier and prettier and I love them. I love when I am inspired to try new things to help push me to do something new. This month I decided to play with my mists. It's been awhile since I've pulled them out to play. Before I started creating this layout, I knew that I wanted fall leaves. So I cut two large leaves using my Silhouette Portrait. Then I placed the leaves on kraft cardstock and sprayed the leaves with my mists, leaving a naked spot on the kraft paper that I want to keep as part of the layout! I love how it looks. When spraying, be sure not to spray too close, otherwise it will look like puddles, rather than mists. I spray about 6 inches above the layout.

DSC_0003

DSC_0004

After I sprayed the die cuts, I removed them aside to let them dry a bit and wiped the excess mists off the paper using a paper towel. This helps keep the paper from wrinkling.

DSC_0007

DSC_0008

Once the die cuts and mist dried, I applied the leaves to my layout and embellished it with papers and a few pieces of the Color magic resist die cup pieces from the kit! These little die cuts are fantastic! I love them and can't get enough of them. I simply used a paint brush to brush the mist on the dies and set them aside to dry before applying them to my layout using glue. What do you think?

DSC_0010

And here's my layout after everything was dried and applied! I love the way the mist looks on the kraft paper!

No comments: