January 29, 2015

Altered frames

Hi everyone. This year, I am determined to make more pretty things other than scrapbook layouts, cards and minis. I am going to try and do other things such as wall art for my scraproom and maybe some other things! I've noticed that if I want to get on a big design team, they often look for designers who are well grounded and who aren't afraid to alter stuff! So I'm gonna challenge myself to do that this year.

I still had a few pieces left from my Tailor Made kit by Clique Kits and thought the stickers and rub-ons would make a pretty wall set! The first thing I did was cut two pieces of cardstock and colored on them using my water color paints. I just love how soft the background looks. After the paint dried, I adhered the vellum flower sticker to one of the mats and the rub-ons and vellum heart on the other. I love this set and it looks fabulous on my wall! The 4x4 rustic frames are available at Amazon! They are really nice quality frames and I plan on buying a few more.

 
Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Vellum stickers: American Crafts, Rub-ons: American Crafts, Water color paint: Royal 7 Langnickel, 4x4 rustic frames: Amazon.
 



 

No comments: