January 21, 2015

January Clique Kits Pep Rally

 
Hi everyone. Welcome to the Pep Rally for Clique Kits! Here's a layout that I created using the January "Tailor Made" kit. I have been waiting awhile to get my hands on Amy Tangerine's "Stitch" collection and the wait was well worth it.

I can hardly believe that my son will be 5 next month! The soft pastels in this month's kit made me want to dig out my son's baby pictures! Ah, he was such a beautiful baby! And he still is... only now, he talks back and thinks he runs the house. HAHA.



 Supplies: Cardstock: Patterned paper: Rub-ons: Enamels: Veneer: Thickers: American Crafts, Transparency word: Chic Tags, Washi tape: Glitz Design, Pen: Signo

Initially, I was going to try stitching within the heart veneer, but I honestly don't have the patience to do such a thing... so I ripped off some washi tape, applied a few rub ons, enamel and Veneer in a nice little cluster and moved on.
 
And since my sewing machine has been broken for some time, I decided to do some "fake" stitching on my layout. It's so easy to do. Get a ruler and pen, place and hold the ruler where you want to create your stitch and gently tap little dots in a straight line.
 
 
What do you think? For more inspiration, click here!

 
  This month, why not try "fake" stitching on your layout or if you have a sewing machine that works, try sewing on your next project! Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate it. Your next stop is Cari. Enjoy!

17 comments:

Mariah Hechler said...

This is so lovely! Beautiful.

Sarah said...

your layout is adorable! I love that washi tape and your faux stitching!

Stacey said...

Love your layout & the faux stitching!

Donna Bolo said...

Adorable page!

Sanna Lippert said...

Gorgeous page! I do lots of faux stitching too :)

Cindy Alvarez said...

Love your layout is so simple and gorgeous! and your baby is a sweet

Kat said...

cute layout, nicole! i do the fake stitching a lot, too!

Kim A. said...

Such a cute layout, LOVE it!! I did fake stitching on mine as well!!!

Aliza said...

I love this layout. I feel like I never really figured out how to get my sewing machine working properly. Faux stitching--I like that.

petunia670 said...

Love the 8 1/2 x 11 format & your stitching is a good as the real thing!

PinkaliciousScrapper said...

Such an adorable LO.. Luv the faux stitching & that black washi is über cute!.. TFS!..

Lotz of Hugz,
ღ ∫ℓ∂ηℓttℓ ღ

PattyC said...

Liking that 'fake' stitching on the layout.

Colortypes Sophie said...

Love how clean your LO is Nicole and all the attention to detail!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Sophie is right :) it's clean but has beautiful details also! Beautiful layout!!

Giavanna Lau said...

Nicole I love your style- fantastic post!

Alisha Buggins said...

Such a cute layout

Caroli Schulz said...

I also had the intention to stitch on the heart vener, but onyl that, the intention, haha!
This is such a gorgeous layout Nicole, love the pic also <3