April 12, 2015

Cherry Blossom Credit Union 10 Mile Run

Hi everyone. I'm finally feeling human again. It's been a busy weekend for me! Yesterday, work was extremely busy and this morning I woke up at 3:45a.m. to meet my fellow employee's at our main office to take the bus down to Washington D.C. We volunteered again for the run. This was my fourth year going!

There were over 16,000 runners. Amazing! We arrived in D.C. around 6a.m. and immediately got to work. My group and I tried to snag the water table, but we got stuck with the gadorade table. Sigh... it's just messy... seriously, but we managed. This sight is well worth getting up at the crack of dawn for... wouldn't you agree?


 
We were station on Ohio Street, across from the Washington Monument.

 
The gang. Well, this is my group, but there was about 30-40 employees who volunteered.
 

 
We had rows and rows of gadorade lined up, ready to hand out to the runners. We had it done in no time... we've been doing this a long time now. Two long tables, three rows. A LOT.

 
I heard that someone was crossing the street nearby and got hit by a car and died. So sad. They didn't find the person yet. If you click on the photo, you can see that the helicopter has "United States of America" on it. So neat!

 
Just me...

 
The Cherry Blossoms were so pretty. Last year, they weren't quite ready to bloom yet when we were down there, but this year, it was absoulely gorgeous down there.
  









You can read a little more on NASA FCU's blog

No comments: