April 27, 2015

Missing my babies...

Hi everyone. I've spent most of the day creating layouts with the May "Carnival" kit from Clique Kits. It's no surprise that I love this kit because I LOVE Amy Tangerine's stuff. I love the bright colors in this kit. My layouts practically scrapped themselves because the kit was that awesome. :@)

Okay, I am over exaggerating a little, but really, this kit has so many possibilities. I am so glad that I bought the add-ons because they are awesome! If you're a subscriber, what add-ons did you purchase? I bought pretty much all of the add-ons and I am proud to say, I used all of it! I can't wait to share my projects with you this month.

Today, I am going to share a layout that was a little hard for me. I miss my dogs. Over the past few years, they had to be put down due to their health. My husband took this picture of me with the dogs over 6 years ago. I was about three months pregnant with Edward. I am so thankful for my love of photos... even though my babies are gone, I still have pictures of them. They will never be forgotten.

Although, this layout was hard for me... I had some fun with it! I played with my acrylic paint and new stencils! Love the floral stencils. They really helped make this layout pop. Wouldn't you say? Initially, I was going to include the chipboard alphas on this layout. I painted them green, but it just didn't look right so I used my stencils to write "Love" at the top.

 
Supplies: Cardstock: Patterned paper: Epoxy stickers: Washi tape: Rotary stamp: Chipboard heart: Stencil: American Crafts, Stamp: Ali Edwards, Daisy Brad: Chickaniddy Crafts, Ink: Clearsnap, Other: Paint.
 
Since I had quite a bit of scraps leftover from my kit after creating almost 5 layouts, I decided to use them for a fun border for my layout. This was super easy to do. Just cover the edges of the 8 1/2"x11" cardstock using washi tape and strips of patterned paper. It should look similar to this when you are finished. Once you have the base completed, simply trim another piece of white cardstock down to 8"x10 1/2" and adhere it to the middle of the base so that it makes everything look nice and even.
 
 
 
I used ink for my stencils and then I painted my kraft doily. It's been too lock since I've played with my paints. I may create another layout using paints. I have to figure out what I want to do.
 
Here's a close up of my cluster of embellisments. I love how this one turned out. There is a daisy brad at the very bottom of the layout. I accidently stamped something upside down and needed to cover it somehow! Yes, I make happy mistakes all of the time. :@)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today! Please come again...


1 comment:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow what a beautiful layout! Love the edge!!!