May 26, 2015

Experimenting with watercolors

Hi everybody. About a month ago, I bought an Aqua Painter from Erica's Stampin'Up party thinking it would really be cool not to have to keep dipping my paint brush in water every few seconds. Can I just tell you, this tool is awesome! Simply fill the Aqua Painter up with water, soak the tip on desired watercolor and start painting. These brushes give your layouts a much more defined paint brush stroke than a normal paint brush. I need to order another one to have on hand. Don't let the price of these babies deter you away from buying them... I promise you'll love them.

 
I literally just dipped my brush on the desired color, made a few strokes back and forth, squeezed the painter a little to get the water flowing down the brush, selected another color and created a few more strokes until I was satisfied with my background. Super easy. I didn't even need to watch a video to see how these can be used! Also , before switching colors, simply use a paper towel to remove the previous color from the brush before dipping it into another color. What do you think? I love trying new things. I must admit, I cannot believe that this was created with my own hands.
 
 
Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Patterned paper: Ella Viv, Epoxy heart sticker: Star clip: Washi tape: Freckled Fawn, Digital camera stamp: "Treasure" stamp: Ali Edwards, Sticker words: Ali Edwards, Heart, Star and book stamp: Mommy Lhey, Ink: Momento, Clearsnap, Aqua Painter: Stampin'Up, Watercolor paint: Royal & Langnickel, Pen: Marvy.
 
And here is my very first Youtube video so that you can see how I created the background. It really is simple. My video isn't perfect... but I did try.
 



No comments: