May 4, 2015

Fun with stencils

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's May already! This year has been flying by... Insanely, fast for me, what about you? Today, I am sharing another fun layout that I created for Clique Kits. I used lots of stencils on this layout. This one took some time. I just couldn't figure out where this layout was going or what I was gonna do. In the beginning, the layout looked like blah to me so I decided to step away from the layout for awhile and then I came back to it and it came together.

Once I came back to work on the layout, I was a little hesitant to use the stencils over the photos. I was nervous about making a mistake and ruining the entire layout... but I did it and I am so glad I did because it was just what this layout needed. I added the little puffy stickers from my stash. I felt that the layout needed some more color. Ha! This layout makes me happy just by looking at it. I was really surprised at how fast the ink dried on my photos! I used the stencils to draw little triangles on the photo and the paper. LOVE these triangles! They are so much fun. I used the stencils for my "fun" title as well. I also love the epoxy heart stickers that came with the kit. They are so beautiful, much more prettier seeing them in my hands!

 
Supplies: Patterned paper: Epoxy stickers: Washi tape: Stencils: American Crafts, Enamel dots: Ruby Rocket, Puffy stickers: Stamps: Freckled Fawn, Ink; Clearsnap.
 
When I used the stencil, I put a piece of paper beneath the stencil where I did not want to get ink on the layout. I only wanted to cover part of the photo.
 
 
Here's a close up. Fun! I am so glad I didn't hesitate long about using the stencils on my photos because I love the outcome.


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: