July 22, 2015

Christmas in July

Good morning everyone. Happy hump day! I don't know about you, but I'm already thinking about Christmas. Last year, I started buying gifts in June and I was finished shopping by black Friday. This year, I am slacking, but I am getting my act together starting with my paycheck tomorrow. Haha

Yesterday, I went through my Christmas list from last year to get an idea of how much I needed to start saving for Christmas. I spent almost $900 bux on gifts. Not too bad. So If I save $100 from here on out, I will have $600 by December 15th. That way when Christmas is around the corner, I won't need to go charging everything! Last year, charged a few items for Edward, but that was it. The rest I paid in cash!

As for my Christmas cards, I think I am gonna use this photo on my cards this year unless I can get one of Edward actually looking at the camera... It's a battle I chose not to fight. Every year, I make my own Christmas cards with a family photo. Ok, I must ADMIT, I did not get the cards sent out last year, but I had every intention of doing so. Time just got away from me and before I knew it, it was New Year's Eve. I am going to send them out this year.

 
I really love Pretty Little Studio's Santa Claus collection so I am thinking I will be using parts of this collection for my card this year. And I love the Holiday Cheer. I may need to get some of this collection to scrap my Christmas photos this year. I am not big on scrapping Christmas, but these vintage papers and die cuts inspire me to do just that.
 
 
 
I am also a sucker for Pier One's Christmas ornaments. Every year, I stop by their store in November when they have their holiday stuff out and pick out a few neat little ornaments for the tree. I love my tree. It's really pretty.
 
 
 
This year, I've discovered Patience Brewster's Christmas ornaments and I think I am going to purchase a few of these beautiful ornaments. I am loving the little piggy ornaments!! I need a few since we have our very own little piggy in the house. :@)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I was able to inspire you to start thinking about the holidays! Christmas will be here before you know it! I think I might buy a mini tree from Patience Brewster and have Edward pick out a few little ornaments for the tree to put in his room. Last year he wanted the tree in his room...


No comments: