July 15, 2015

July Clique Kits Pep Rally


Hi everybody. It’s Nicole here, wishing you a fabulous Wednesday! Welcome to the July Pep Rally. This month, we hope to inspire you with a variety of projects using Chickaniddy Craft's "365" collection. I really love the colors in this collection and the little sentiments that can be found on some of the papers. If you are stopping by today, I am kicking off the blog hop from the Clique Kit's blog! Please join us.

For our challenge this month, we went with an “Anything Goes”, so I decided to challenge myself to create layouts using mixed media. I love playing with my stamps, paints and inks, but sometimes, I don't have the time to spend on pulling everything out, waiting for it to dry etc... But since my mom had Edward for an entire weekend, I got to play and it was so much fun!


The Pep Rally, for those of you who are new to the Clique, is our monthly subscriber and design team blog share typically held the third week of the month and participants earn product credits-yes, free stuff to do what you love-who can beat that? It's out with the old, in with the new time at Clique Kits when we (hopefully) have all killed our kit from the previous month and have lots to show off, and we start to chat and hype the excitement for the coming month’s kit. In other words, we party! We don’t leave out our guests-there is always a prize for a hopper who comments on each post and likes and shares on social media! Just leave a new comment for each like and share for a separate entry in the random drawing for this month’s prize. One lucky person will win this month’s Carpe Diem kit that is sold out! Get the word out and have your friends join our Pep Rally because they might end up with this gorgeous kit at their doorsteps!

Here’s today’s line up:



Feel free to hop in any order, if you get lost, you can always come back here to find your place. For this layout, I basically covered an entire piece of white cardstock with gelatos in various colors and then used a damp brush to blend the colors in a bit. Then I added some stamps in the background and used a paint dabber to add little circles in the background. Once everything was  dried, I applied my photos, papers, brads, flair, washi tape and stickers.


And here's another layout that I created using paints and a mason jar lid. The background was so easy to make. All I did was paint the edges of the lid and stamped them onto the paper. Then I painted on the mason jar lid and used it as a circle stamp. It worked great and I didn't have to buy a new circle stamp or two.

And here is another layout in which I decided to play with gesso for the first time!
 
 

Now, hop along and see what our design team and subscribers have been working on. Don’t forget to check out the gallery on the website landing page featuring our Varsity Team (design team) projects using the July kit and check out the Monthly Kit page for all the details about next month’s amazing Clique Kit Ambrosia. Take care!


 

No comments: