July 25, 2015

Little details

Hi everybody. Today, I have a simple layout to share with you using our Clique Kits exclusive cards that came with the August Ambrosia kit. I love Lacey's cards and look forward to receiving them every month. She is so talented. Rather than include step-by-step instructions on how to create this simple layout, I wanted to share with you small details that you can include on your next project to make your simple layouts pop. I often mat an 8 1/2"x 11" piece of paper and a 7 1/2"x10" paper to use as a foundation for my base.

#cliquekits @nicolemartel #pinkpaislee #scrapbooking #ckdesignteam

Once I have my papers matted, I adhere my photos and cards of choice. Then I add my embellishments. I wait until the last minute to add my embellishments because they are literally fillers for my layout. One of my favorite embellishments is die cuts because they are perfect for filling in naked spaces. I created my own photo corners by punching a 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" square and cutting it in half. Then I used foam squares to adhere them. For the tiny circles, I used my glue dots to adhere them in the corner of my card. And since I wanted to add a little something to my card to make it pop. I added a sticker heart and die cut. Last, I added a 1/4" border to my layout using a ruler and a black pen.
DSC_0034
 
DSC_0037
 
DSC_0036
 
DSC_0038
 
Thank you for taking the time to stop by today. We really appreciate it! I hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments: