July 10, 2015

Playing with circles

Hi friends. Hope you had a great week! Today, I have another layout to share with you using the July Clique Kit. I don't know what it is about circles, but I LOVE using them on my layouts. Most of the time, I use circle punches, but today, I wanted to create a fun circle background using paints. I just bought a circle stamp, but it was a little bigger than what I needed and I wanted something that I could use to either have a filled circle or hollow. So I grabbed the lid off from one of my mason jars and went to town. Clever!


 Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Patterned paper: Brads: Stamps (small sentiments): Sticker alphas: Chickaniddy Crafts, Flair: Clique Kits, Paint: Ranger, "Weekend" stamp: Kesi'Art, Pen: Marvy.

The next time you're looking or something fun to do, try painting the top of your mason jar lids to create a fun background for your layout. It's super easy to do and fun! Just be sure to wipe the lid when switching colors.
 


 
I painted on an acrylic star stamp and stamped it on my paper. If you try something similar, don't press down too hard on the paper. Simply tap the image on the cardstock and lift it so you avoid smearing the image.

 
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you continue to come back as I try to bring more inspiring layouts to you. My goal is to help challenge others to experiment with different techniques to help them learn and grow in this wonderful hobby that we call "scrapbooking". 


1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Cool idea with the mason jar lids! Looks fabulous :)