July 26, 2015

Roots and wings

Hi everybody. Hope you had a fabulous weekend. Nothing much going on here. I pretty much had a lazy day yesterday. I didn't do a whole lot. Earlier in the day, I asked Edward to put his swim suit on so we could go down to the beach for a bit, but he didn't want to. I think it had something do with the fact that he and daddy were at the beach from 1-10pm on Friday. Edward spent the entire day playing downstairs, watching his cartoons in his pajamas.

I didn't bother making him get dressed because it was evident that he had no desire to do anything. Haha. I was secretly happy about this because I was tired too. I had to work a few hours and I just didn't have the energy to do much of anything. I did manage to scrap this layout using Ali Edwards Roots Story Kit. At first, I didn't think I'd have any photos to go with the theme, but then I got to thinking about the pictures I took of momom's blackberries last summer.

When poppy died in December of 2004, momom decided to keep his roots alive. Poppy loved his blackberries and took pride in growing and picking them for his grand-daughters to eat. We'd pop them in our mouths like candy. And we loved it when momom made us blackberry cobbler. It is so delicious. My mouth is watering, just thinking about it.

When momom sold the house, she moved the berries to her current house. I can only imagine how much work that involved, but she did it. She was determined to keep party of poppy alive for all of us. It's been 11 years and the blackberries are still in momom's yard and she hasn't stopped taking care of them. I admire momom for her will to keep part of poppy alive through all of these years. We miss him dearly, but we know he is smiling down at us.

 
Supplies: Kraft cardstock: Stampin'Up, Cards: Chipboard: Ali Edwards, Enamel dots: Freckled Fawn, Washi tape: Studio Calio, Pen: Marvy.

No comments: