July 31, 2015

She did it!

I am so proud of my sister Jamie. After 4 years of college, she received her bachelor's degree in nursing! My grandmother was a nurse and Jamie ALWAYS said when she was a little girl that she wanted to be a nurse when she grew up. Jamie is going to be a wonderful nurse because she truly cares about people and she has a gift... she enjoys HELPING people and it shows through her compassion. What can I say, I am so proud of her.

I used the July Clique Kit for this layout, but added a "Celebrate the moments of life" digital stamp from Ali Edwards "Little things" Story Stamp Kit and printed it on a 8x11" piece of cardstock. I love how the digital stamp pulls this layout together!

 
Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Transparency card (cut): Studio Calico, Patterned paper: Sticker alphas (used as a template), Stamps: Chickaniddy Crafts, Mist: Heidi Swapp, Metallic pen: Faber-Castell, Flair: Clique Kits, Digital stamp: Ali Edwards (Little things), 4x6 patterned paper: Studio Calico, Mini stapler: Tim Holtz.
 
Since I didn't think the sticker alphas would look right in black and white on my layout due to the digital stamp title, I decided to use the sticker alphas that came with the kit as a template. I saw that you can use baby powder to remove the sticky adhesives on the back of stickers, but I didn't have any on hand so I simply put the stickers on the back of my hand and removed them a few times so that the oils from my hand did the trick. Works like a charm and doesn't cost a thing. Then I used a black pen to trace my title. I loved the metallic geo so I decided to use a metallic pen to color in my title.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today! 

No comments: