July 17, 2015

We make a great pear

Hi everybody! I have a fun layout to share with you today. Initially, I was going to post this in July, but I wasn't quite happy with the first version. It looked too plain so when I received my August Clique Kit, I fell in love with the "We make a great pear" flair and immediately thought of an idea. So I grabbed my pie chart template and some whipped spackle and added it right onto my layout. Now, it is complete! What do you think? I created the background on watercolor paper, using pink and yellow gelatos and gesso. I was going for a dripped look for the background, but being the first time I tried this technique, it did not turn out as planned, but there's always next time.

 
Supplies: Watercolor paper: Prima, Patterned Paper: Brad: Chickaniddy Crafts, Cards: MAMBI, Flair: "True Story" card:Clique Kits, Heart punch: Epiphany Crafts, Gelatos: Faber-Castell, Template: The Crafter's Workshop, Whip spackle: Faber-Castell.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: