August 4, 2015

Happy boys

Happy Tuesday everyone! I have some exciting news today. I was invited by Scrapbook and Cards Today to Guest Design using Nicole's free cut file! I am honored and a bit nervous to post on the blog today so I thought long and hard about what I wanted to create for the blog. Their blog always has some killer layouts on there and I didn't wanted to make sure that my layout stood out! I can't help it, I'm competitive like that. :@)

Lately, I've really been into watercolors and stamping so I decided to use these on my layout. They are so much fun to use and I honestly wasn't stressed when I was working on this layout because I was doing what I loved at the moment. Seriously, aren't these kids the cutest?

 
Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts, Patterned Paper, Stickers: Enamel dots: Bella Blvd., Star jewels: Freckled Fawn, Stamps: Chickaniddy Crafts (circle and stars), Mommy Lhey (happy), Hero Arts (cloud and sun), Watercolor paints: Royal & Langnickel, Pen: Marvy, Mini stapler: Tim Holtz, Cut file: Scrapbook & Cards Today designed by: Nicole Nowosad.
 
As soon as I saw the cut files, I knew I'd be able to create something fun with them. I LOVE circles and the cuts files were perfect for what I had in mind. I decided to cut the "arrow and hello circle" from white cardstock. Then I used my Stampin'Up Aqua Pen and watercolors to alter the cardstock. I love that the cuts can go with a variety of themes.
 
 
I stamped the cloud and sun onto white cardstock, cut them out and colored the center using my watercolors. Then I used a black marker to trace the edges of my image.
 
 
 
 

 
A close up of my journaling and embellishments.

 
 
 
Here is the cut file that I used and you can download it for free, here!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: