September 1, 2015

Best friends

Hi everyone. I have another layout to share with you today. Every month, I do my best to share with our subscribers how the Clique Kits can be used to scrap boy layouts even with those kits that look a little girly. This month's kit is filled with lots of pinks, flowers and girly colors, but if you look closely, you can make some of the pieces work for your next boy layout. And if you don't believe me, I'll show you. Also, don't miss out on this month's blog hop because I will have another boy layout to share with you using the printables that came with this month's kit!

I cut some of my leftover pieces of scraps down to 3"x3" to create a fun background for my photo. I love the Kraft paper with the hears. It's my absolute favorite piece of patterned paper from this month's kit. And I am happy to use it again on this layout. Sometimes, it pays to save those scraps. You just never know when they will come in handy. I added a few splashes of teal mist just for fun.

 
I hand-cut the "Happy Snaps", "love this" image and the heart from the cards paper. And of course I had to use the cut little "best friends" flair. The acrylic "build" word, chipboard and "love wins" stamp is not included in this month's kit. It is something that I had in my stash. I felt that the top  and bottom of the layout needed something more and so it worked out perfectly.


 
This layout seriously makes me smile. I just love it. It's such a happy layout. Wouldn't you agree?

 
Supplies: Vellum Paper: Doodlebug Designs, White cardstock: American Crafts, Patterned paper: Studio Calico, American Crafts, Cocoa Vanilla, Vellum die cut: Cocoa Vanilla, Sticker word: Flair: Clique Kits, Acrylic "Build" word, "love wins" stamp and chipboard: Ali Edwards, Mist: Tattered Angels.
 

No comments: