October 2, 2015

Discover

OCTOBER SKETCH


Hello everyone. I am sharing an 8 1/2"x11" sketch created by Pretty Little Studios. Here's my take on the sketch using photos of my little ninja. One afternoon, Edward put on his ninja turtle zip up, hat, glasses and gloves and asked if we could go outside to play. While we were outside, we found a baby boxing turtle! So very cool. I've never seen a boxing turtle so small. We put him in the shade with some grass and water. When we went back twenty minutes later, he was gone. Edward was a little bummed, but I told him that we couldn't keep him, turtles belong outside.
     discover_nicole martel_pretty little studio_layout (2)
     
    Pretty Little Studio Products used: Treasure Island: Paper/Magic Island, Mini Word Cut-Outs/Mermaid's List, Bingo Card/Ocean Blue, Word Flags/Splish Splash, Paper Ribbons/Under The Sea, Stickers/Adventure Watercolors, Die-Cuts/Arrow Adventure, Tabs/Treasure Map Gold Mine Paper Confetti Let's Go Paper/Amsterdam, Other: Enamel dots: Bella Blvd, Basic Grey, Freckled Fawn, Washi tape and bling: Freckled Fawn.
     
     
    A few close-ups. I like how the enamel dots makes the layout stand out more, drawing the eyes to the little details. And I love the Amsterdam paper. Such a fun combination of patterns. I even snuck some metallic paper on this layout.
DSC_0007

DSC_0010

I like how the little flags look clustered in the corner. It really pulls the layout together.

DSC_00084

No comments: