January 2, 2016

Kindness

Happy New Year friends! Lately, I've been seeing a great deal of people talk about their "word of the year". And so I've been thinking about what my word will be this year. I didn't have a word last year, but the year prior, my word was "Positive". Do you know how hard it is to think positively when shit is rough? Hard. Anyway, I managed, but I wouldn't give myself an "A". Maybe, a "D". LOL.

So this year, I am going to try "Kindness". I want to practice being kinder and I want to be less judgemental of people. I think we all judge, but often at times, when we judge someone based on our thoughts and what we see, it's so wrong... and awful. But we all do it... I am guilty of this so I am going to work on changing this. I want to be kinder and less judgemental.

I will admit, sometimes, I let stress get to me. And during these times, I tend to come off as a harsh person when that is NOT who I am. I just need to slow down, not let things bring me down or get to me and just be KIND.





 
So, tell me, what is your word this year?


1 comment:

Janice said...

remember that you also need to be kind to yourself, especially in barring negative self-talk and not beating up on you!