February 15, 2016

Scrapping your child's artwork

Good morning everyone. I have been really excited to share this adorable layout with you. Since I am playing in the Art Studio today for Clique Kits, I thought it would be fitting to scrapbook a layout using a scanned copy of a drawing that my five year old did at school. He was asked to draw a picture of his family, but he decided to draw a super hero version of himself and his pet pig, Hamlet. It's so cute. I LOVE that all of Edward's drawings are "happy". He's always smiling in his art which means that he's overall, a happy boy.

This layout was super easy to create. I simply sprayed some yellow mist onto white cardstock and started layering some pieces of patterned paper and stickers together. I used Ali Edward's stamps at the bottom to complete the look. Without the stamp, I felt that the layout was just hanging. And I didn't feel like this layout needed much journaling since the picture speaks for itself.

 
Supplies: Cardstock: My Mind's Eye, Patterned Paper: Stickers: Crate Paper, Button: Buttons Galore, Stamps: Ali Edwards, Mist: Heidi Swapp.

And here are a few close-ups. I just love all the details on this layout. Everything looks so good together.

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: