March 28, 2016

Simple Mini

Hello everybody. It's been a long time since I created a mini album so I decided that it was time. I used lots of pieces from the April Clique Kit, Origins. This kit is chocked full of Simple Stories goodies. I must admit, I normally do not use Simple Stories, but I am looking to change that. Their products are outstanding. My favorites from the kit include the clear stickers! They helped decorate my mini album in a snap.



I started out by cutting the journaling cards from one of the Simple Stories papers. They are 4x6 and worked perfectly for what I was planning to do. Then I printed a few 4x6 photos out in black and white and some in color. Then I decorated the cover. I like creating the cover of my minis first. It helps get my mojo flowing.

 
 
I used sticky double-sided tape to adhere the photos to the back of the journaling cards that I did not want to use in the mini. You can use regular adhesives to do this as well. Either one works fine.
 
 
Once I had the photos adhered the cards, I used my Bind-It-All to bind my book together. This tool has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. I've had it for over ten years now and love it.
 



 
Here is the inside of my mini. I do not add embellishments to my mini until I bind the book together first because if you embellish the pages first, it's harder to bind the book together due to the bulkiness of the mini.
 





 
And here are some of the little details of my mini. Like I said, the clear stickers helped me create this layout in a snap!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today! If you love this kit and want to subscribe today to Clique Kits, we have a few spots to fill! Click here!


2 comments:

Melissa Vining said...

This is such a gorgeous lil album Nicole! I love those clear stickers too, they look so amazing on photos!

Maryám Pérez said...

What a beautiful mini album!!! Love this <3