April 22, 2016

Playing with Vellum Paper

 
Hello everyone. Today, we are featuring vellum on the blog. I love vellum paper because it gives the layout a very soft, serene look. I need to pull out my vellum papers out more often. Notice how the vellum looks so much more softer than the paper? My favorite way to use vellum is by punching shapes out from vellum and using them as die cuts on my layouts.

I decided to scrapbook another photo from about six years ago. We were celebrating my best friend Mischelle's birthday. And it was the first time I've been out since being preggers and just having Edward! We had such a great time too. CC made fun of my outfit. Said I looked too professional, but in reality, my entire wardrobe looks like this because I spend more time at work than I do at home. And I rarely get the time to go out these days, so why bother buying outfits I will not wear. Can you tell I am a mom? I know my readers are shaking their heads and can relate. Cheers to us moms. We have a tough job, but we must remember to spend time with our friends every now and then if we want to keep our sanity.

This layout came out to be a surprise. Initially, I had planned on having the squares at the top with just a photo and sticker. I was going to keep it simple, but then I kept adding stuff. Hence, the embellishments are sooooo fun! I couldn't help myself.

friends_Pretty Little Studio_Nicole Martel 001


Pretty Little Studio Here+There: Paper: Macaron, Night Stroll, Coffee Shop, Seine, Posh, Journaling: Beau, Journaling: Jolie, Flair/Adventure, Sticker Vellum Tape/Lovely, Stickers/Click.

I used my star punch by Epiphany Crafts to punch little stars out of vellum paper. I adhered the stars to the layout using glue dots. And since the glue dots peeked through the vellum a little bit, I covered them with sequins.

DSC_0013

DSC_0017
 
DSC_0037
 
A few close-ups:
 
DSC_0033
 
DSC_0050
 
DSC_0038
 
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great day!


No comments: