May 23, 2016

Time to shine

Good morning friends! I have a fun layout to have a fun layout to share with you today. Initially, this was supposed to be a simple layout. However, I just couldn't leave it alone. The first thing I did, before adhering anything down was run my white cardstock through my silhouette to create a scribble heart using a yellow sketch pen. I had to play with it a bit. The first one came out too large so I flipped the cardstock over and tried again. It's a great way to get a stamped image without having to mess with acrylic stamps and inks. Skip the mess and try using your silhouette!

Time to shine_Clique Kits_Fancy Pants Designs_Basic Grey_Just Nick Studio_Nicole Martel_layout 001.jpg

DSC_0009.JPG

After I placed everything down and added a few taps of mist, I still wasn't satisfied so I pulled out my word stencils by We R Memory Keepers. It's been a while since I hand-stitched on a layout so I decided to do something different for a change. I didn't like how the fuchsia looked on the layout so I pulled out a blue permanent marker and lightly traced the thread to change the color. It took a while, but I think it complimented the layout nicely. What do you think?

DSC_0026
 
And here a rea few close-ups:
 
DSC_0032
 
DSC_0023.JPG
 
Thanks for visiting today!
 

No comments: