June 2, 2016

Clique Kits Leadership Meet And Greet

Prom Committee

Hello everyone! Today, I am up on Clique Kit's Blog for the "Meet and Greet" post. My name is Nicole Martel and I am the Design Team Leader for Clique Kits. Many of you probably recognize me, but since we have had several new subscribers in the last few months, I thought it would be a great idea to re-introduce myself; share a little about myself, what I do for Clique Kits and why I enjoy being a part of Clique Kits!

IMG_20160408_224712

I live in Maryland with my husband of 12 years. We’ve been together for almost 17 years! We have a six-year-old son named Edward, our one and only miracle child. According to Edward, we have 3 pets, 2 Betas and a 1 and a half year old Potbelly pig. Does fish count as pets? Haha. I work for a credit union five days a week and have been there for 8 years. Prior to working for a credit union, I worked in the mortgage industry for over 10 years. In July 2010, shortly after giving birth to my son, I received my Bachelor's Degree in Business Management.

our three pets

Last year, in April, Clique Kits posted a call to fill in the Design Team Leader position. I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted to apply. I literally thought about it for a week straight, listing pros and cons on why I should or shouldn’t do it and I couldn’t think of a reason not to. I WANTED to be a part of Clique Kits. And this wasn’t an opportunity to pass up. How often do you see a Design Team Leader position opening? Not often. I thought it would be cool to help CK grow. And it is such a rewarding experience. I do not regret it one bit. I even got to meet the CK girls at CHA 2016, my very first time going and it was such a great experience! We really are a fun group of girls.

I hope Gia, Lacey and Erica know how much I like them... I totally freaked out about flying solo to California. I've only flown solo once and that was years ago and ended up being a bad experience... So I was freaking out that I wouldn't make it there or something would happen. Well, something did happen, I got really sick in the shuttle on the way to the hotel (I get motion sickness) so when I showed up at the hotel room, I am sure I looked like hell. LOL. They should feel special, that is all I've got to say. :) oh, and if given the chance, I'd do it all over again.

12553050_10205325524112868_408983034265463162_n

It took a little bit of time for me to manage the Design Team smoothly. I had to learn Clique Kit’s process, dates when things needed to be done, where to post, what to do. It was a lot to take in at first. I was a little nervous, I didn't think I would ever get the hang of it, and I tried to quit because I just didn't think I'd be cut out for the job and Gia threatened to kick my ass, but I am a fighter and I refuse to give up. And after about five months, I got it. LOL. Everything clicked together. A year and a half later, I am still here, managing the team and looking forward to many more years with these girls.

I have been scrapbooking for over 15 years. Yes, I know how to design gorgeous scrapbook pages and I am very organized, but leading a team is a little challenging because not everyone plans ahead and works the same way. Some designers work better at the last-minute, some do better getting projects done early and some need a bit of nudging (if you know what I mean). Even though managing the team can be a challenge, I enjoy it. I enjoy leading the team, challenging them to step out of their comfort zone and pushing them to submit those gorgeous projects to different Scrapbook Magazines for possible publications! I am a team player at home and work and that is how I’ve managed to successfully lead this year’s team. At least, I think so.

I do my best to treat the team with respect and common courtesy. We are all human and we all make mistakes and I understand that things happen with our families etc. I want my designers to be proud of designing for Clique Kits and I want them to have a good, positive experience with their leader-------that’s me! 

Although, it might not look like I do a lot for Clique Kits, I do a lot behind the scenes with the design team and I help plan the kits. Every day, I use my planner to keep me organized! It’s literally, my bible. I create the blog schedules, check blog posts, create the Pep Rally events and blog posts. Other things that I do is create the Pinterest Boards each month and pin the layouts to those boards. When we get new products for the shop, I pin those to the CK Store board to help drive in more traffic to the store.

DSC_0024
 
Not only do I have a planner with stuff filled in, I also have a small binder where I keep other stuff in. I admit, I may be a little OCD, but that's how I get shit done... I cannot function without a list/planner. How do you like my new MAMBI planner? I LOVE IT SO MUCH. :)
 
DSC_0036

IMG_20160409_183603 (2).jpg

During the week, I am checking to make sure the girls are sharing sneaks of the current CK Kit on their social media, juggling last-minute schedule changes and emergencies. Messaging the girls where their blog posts are. Some of them like to drive me crazy by waiting until the last-minute to post when all I want to do is review the post so I can go to bed. I am not a night owl. I like to sleep, right Gia?!

And that is really what I do for Clique Kits. Most days, I am a busy girl, but I love being busy and I love being a part of this fabulous leadership team. For those of you who would like to follow me so you are up-to-date on Clique Kits inspiration, giveaways and exclusive kits, please see the following links:
Thank you Gia, Erica and Lacey for having faith in me… I love you all.

IMG_20160211_171442

No comments: