August 25, 2016

Watercoloring


Hello everyone! Today, I have a fun layout to share with you on using watercolor paints on your layouts. I love the quality of Pretty Little Studio's paper and they are thick enough that you can watercolor on them lightly and the paper will not warp! When I initially finished this layout, I thought it needed more color.

you make me happy when skies are gray_pretty little studio_shimmerz paints_nicole martel_layout 001

Then I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool if I used watercolor paints from Shimmerz Paints to add some color? I grabbed three shades of color from my Aqua Huez (Very Blueberry, Pot-O-Gold and Little Lilly) and started painting the stars randomly using all three colors.

DSC_0596

Here is how the layout looks with the watercolor. It's amazing what a little watercolor paints will do for a layout. What do you think?

You make me happy when skies are gray_nicole martel_pretty little studio_shimmerz paints 001
 
 Pretty Little Studio: Here Comes the Sun Papers: Up in the Air 8x8 Paper pack, Journaling/Everything OK 3X4, Die-Cuts/Coffee Time, Here Comes the Sun, Aqua Hues: Shimmerz Paints.
 
Here are a few close-ups:
 
DSC_0606

DSC_0607

DSC_0608

DSC_0611

DSC_0612
 
Thanks for visiting today!


1 comment:

Christine Kiehl said...

This is just such an adorable layout and idea! Thank you for sharing!